W.i.P Wednesday and a Kona Cotton Giveaway!!
Today I join Freshly Pieced for W.i.P. Wednesday to share with you my project progress this week. First off my most important accomplishment and main focus this week, as most of you know has been sitting by my little Everett's side while he was in the hospital and taking care of him. Poor little guy is only 7 weeks old and he has RSV, very scary! So with that being said, I haven't got a lot done. But, I did have a chance to work on a few things.
While I was in the hospital, I downloaded the TouchDraw iPad App, which I kept hearing awesome reviews about from Lynne at Lily's Quilts. It is a super awesome way to design quilts, applique and graphics on your iPad. Being a web designer I am fluent in Photoshop and love it, so my expectations for this little iPad app were not high. But, I loved it!! There is just something so fun about using your fingers to design. A few months ago I designed a new quilt which I am going to name, The Westminster Quilt (above). I designed it in photoshop, but to get familiar with TouchDraw I decided to redesign it using the app. It seriously took half the time and was so much fun! As you get to know my quilting style more you will learn real fast that I am pretty much obsessed with using solids. And yet again this quilt will be made with solids!
I also had a chance to start working on an applique tree pillow designed by Cluck.Cluck.Sew. This is so easy and really a lot of fun! I just have to sew it up and its ready!
- Finish Pillow
- Work on Giveaway items for Sew.Mama.Sew! Giveaway Day, be excited!
- Finish Mother's Day Presents
- Cut into red & purples for my Patchwork Prism Quilt
So you got through my W.i.P. now time for a Giveaway! In fact this will be my first giveaway ever! So this week is Mothers Day and it is also my Birthday, and I thought what a perfect time to give someone something! I ordered some more Kona Charm Packs for my Patchwork Prism Quilt the other day from one of my favorite shops, Fat Quarter Shop, while I was at it I decided to order one for this as well. I love love love Kona, and let me tell you I can think of a million things you can do with a Kona Charm Pack. Like I said, I love solids and most of the ideas I come up with are made with solids! So I hope I have encouraged you to bust out your solid fabric and get sewing. If not yet maybe soon! :)
- You can enter using the Rafflecopter widget below, the only required entry is for you to tell me what you would like to make using solids fabrics. Maybe even show me a link to something that you would love to make. Any other entries are completely up to you to do or not.
- Giveaway will run till Saturday, May 12th, at 12 p.m. MST.
- The winner will be chosen at random and I will announce them on Mother's Day, Sunday May 13th.
- This Giveaway is open to all, near and far
- * Side Note - FatQuarterShop did not sponsor this giveaway, just me out of love for you! :)
Let the fun begin!
a Rafflecopter giveaway