Want to know a secret? I get asked often how I have built up my stash and am able to pull so many different colors for #pileofabricstashshare
. I also get asked how to build a stash without going broke. Well, for over a year now I have participated in a monthly bundle club called Around the Color Wheel
from Marmalade Fabrics. I just got this months bundle in the mail and having been staring at it off and on for a few hours.
Here are the reasons why this monthly club suites me perfectly…
- Being in a monthly club satisfies my fabric shopping urges, but is budget friendly since I know exactly how much I am spending every month.
- I am subscribed to receive the Solids and Prints bundles each month, which is perfect for my style, I almost always use coordinating solids with all of my projects. I am also more of color focused quilter, so I tend to use a mix of prints or solids from many different designers in specific colors, as opposed to using fabrics from one entire collection and designer.
- The solids are Kona® Cotton, which as you all know is my favorite brand solid. Tammy at Marmalade labels the name of each Kona® Cotton color on every piece you buy, which is an amazing perk. I want all my solids labeled so this saves me a bunch of time.
- Since I am subscribed to the club I don't even have to think, each month my PayPal account is billed and my fabric shows up in the mail.
- I have two young children and I have learned my lesson bringing them with me to shop for fabric (yikes!), so I prefer to shop online.
This is how I have been growing my stash regularly while maintaining some financial control. So there you have it that's my secret!
You can subscribe to the Around the Color Wheel Bundle Club
for fat quarters or half yards of prints, solids, or both at Marmalade Fabrics. You can also purchase previous months bundles here